Servers are monitored by Prometheus. Salt is used to configure Prometheus monitoring on each server, and to set up a Prometheus server to to collect metrics from these servers. Node Exporter is installed on each server to export hardware and OS metrics like disk space used, memory used, etc.
Read the user guide to learn how to use Prometheus.
- Linode for the Helpdesk CRM
- Network status: The relevant systems are: Regions: EU-West (London), Backups: EU-West (London) Backups.
- Access: The ‘opencontractingpartnership’ and ‘opencontracting-dogsbody’ users have full access. The ‘opencontracting’ user has limited access.
- Backups: It is configured to have one daily backup and two weekly backups. Dogsbody also configured daily and weekly backups to Google Cloud Platform.
- Hetzner for Kingfisher
- Bytemark for all others
- GitHub Pages for the Extension Explorer
The staff of the following organizations can have administrative roles:
- Open Contracting Partnership (OCP)
- Centro de Desarrollo Sostenible (CDS)
- Dogsbody Technology
- Open Data Services Co-operative (ODS)
The files referenced by ssh_auth.present states give people access to servers. All people should belong to the above organizations.
Server owners (OCP) and server managers (Dogsbody) should have root access to all servers. Otherwise, only developers who are reasonably expected to deploy to a server should have root access to that server.
If a developer did not deploy (and was not granted root access) to a server within the last six months, their root access to that server should be revoked.
If a developer intends to deploy to a server, anyone with root access can grant that developer root access to that server.
Root access should be routinely reviewed.